I asked the girls to compile their Favorite Things this year! Here’s Haley’s. I must confess, I bought the Stasher bags this past weekend! Abbey’s will be coming to you in the next few days! -CarCar
1. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick – I was looking for some new lipstick this year and came across this one on all the beauty blogs. I’ve already finished off two tubes of the shade Pillow Talk! It’s universally flattering nude pink color and my FAVORITE for everyday. I also love the shade Walk Of Shame for a little bolder lip. It’s a dusty red and gorgeous! Both colors are linked below!
2. Hydro Flask – I carry this with me everywhere! I have a 32oz and a 40oz, both in white. I also bought the straw lid to drink more water everyday. Both sizes are in the gallery below! Im currently using this 40oz one.
3. ABLE Hammered Stacking Ring – I am a BIG fan of ABLE jewelry. I own 3 of the Hammered Stacking Rings (gold, silver and rose gold) and 2 more gold Thin Stacking Rings (also linked below).
4. She Reads Truth Bible – I bought this bible when it came out a couple years ago. It’s big, but it’s a great study bible. There is an intro to each book as well as beautifully colored maps, timelines and family trees to go deeper in your study. I have the brown genuine leather style. It’s on Amazon too so you can Prime it!
5. Argento Vivo Medium Hollow Hoop earrings – I jumped on the hoop earring train hard this year and these are my favorites! My mom bought them for me over the summer and I have worn them no less than 3 times a week since. They are hollow so they are super light and can easily dress up a casual outfit. I added a smaller size to the gallery below in case you aren’t ready for bigger hoops yet!
6. Capri Blue Volcano candle – Hands down my favorite candle ever. If you love the smell of Anthropologie, you love the smell of this candle. It’s sweet and citrusy, but not in a cleaning supplies kind of way. What I also love is the variety of tin options in comes in, so you are sure to find one to match your home decor! I opt for a white jar and have 2 options linked in the gallery below!
7. Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser – Glossier is the millennial skincare brand taking over Instagram right now. They have great products that are beautifully packaged. I’ve tried a lot of facial cleansers and makeup removers and this is my favorite, no contest.
8. Rifle Paper Co. Recipe Tin – Funny story: about 3 years ago, I pulled my mom aside to talk about what I wanted for Christmas, and this was my exact request “I really want a recipe tin with handwritten recipes from you, but I don’t want you to get Abbey one because I want it to be special for me.” HAHA unbeknownst to me, she got Abbey one too and gave it to her this year (3 years later) on Thanksgiving. My tin is sitting on my counter in my kitchen and I’m slowly filling it with recipes from my mom, sister, grandma, aunt and family friends. It’s going to be a prized possession one day. Linked in the gallery below!
9. Glossier Balm Dotcom – Another Glossier favorite of mine. Glossier calls this their universal skin salve and I use it on my lips daily. My favorite scent is Coconut, which lives on my nightstand. I also have Mango in my purse and Birthday Cake on my desk. You can buy a set of 3 for $30, which make great gifts for friends or stocking stuffers!
10. The Defined Dish Cookbook – Okay technically this one is a Favorite-Thing-To-Come. One of my favorite Instagram accounts to follow is The Defined Dish. I discovered her a couple years ago through the Whole30 world. She is a full-time recipe blogger (and mom and wife) and she’s my go-to recipe girl. She makes healthier versions of classic recipes and has a ton of 5-ingredient, weeknight meals on her blog. I made her Salt and Vinegar chicken wings for the Super Bowl this year and they were an instant hit. Her first cookbook comes out on New Year’s Eve this year and I preordered it on Amazon months ago!
11. Stasher Bags – I have made a conscious effort the last couple years to go greener and Stasher bags have been a huge part of that for me! They are reusable, silicone bags that can easily replace throwaway plastic baggies. They’re machine washable and you can cook in them! They are a bit of an investment but I haven’t bought plastic baggies in 2 years so I’m sure I’ve come out ahead. You can get them on Amazon here! I also have a couple of sizes linked below.
12. Kristin Ess Soft Waves 1 1/4″ Curling Iron – One thing I’ve learned about curls is that it’s way more about the technique than the tool (another post to come on that). That being said, this tool was a hit for me right off the bat and it’s the first curling iron I’ve ever loved. I also linked the Kristin Ess Blow Dryer because I just started using it and her comb. The trick to soft curls – keeping a comb with you in your bag and combing through them when necessary!
13. Wemo Smart Plug – I ordered this on Prime Day this summer. I have it connected to my Alexa device so I wake up every morning and say “Alexa, turn on desk light.” In November, I moved this plug to my living room is and connected it to my Christmas Tree. It’s programmed to turn on my tree lights at 4pm everyday and I go to sleep at night with a quick “Alexa, turn off Christmas lights.” You can buy this here!
14. Anthropologie Monogram Necklace – This was a Black Friday purchase for me and I’ve already worn it twice. It’s cute and trendy and would make a great gift for a friend. It’s linked below, along with a smaller version for people who like daintier jewelry.
15. Letterfolk Letter Board in The Poet White – Letterfolk is the company that started the letter board trend and they are simply the best. I’ve ordered several from Amazon for work and none are as high quality as my Letterfolk board. Mine rests on my TV stand with fun quotes, often from The Office, that I change out every couple months. Letter boards can add a touch of personality to any room in your house! (linked below)
Honorable mention: Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment by Sunday Riley. I’ve gotten on the skincare train this year and this has been a game changer for me. It’s pricey, but my skin has honestly never looked better. I got a bunch of samples from Sephora (you can ask for samples there or Nordstrom for free) and I put the full-size bottle on my list to Santa-Mommy. More detailed skincare post coming in the new year! Good Genes linked below.